[Sector 1]
Tower of Zeno
Arched niches church
City gates
Southeastern line of defense

[Sector 2]
The Church of Saint Volodymyr
Ancient square
Main street
House of the 4th - 3rd cc. BC
Eastern basilica
Cave church
Uvarov basilica
Sixbased church
Northern basilica
Residential block and chapel
Kruze basilica
Artillery battery
Church in block 7

[Sector 3]
City cistern complex
Fourapsed church
Western line of defense
Reliquary church
Fiveapsed church

[Sector 4]
House with winepress
Fishsalting cisterns
1935 basilica
1932 basilica
Basilica in the basilica
Arched church
Basilica on the hill
Western basilica
Defensive moat and gate
Residential blocks
Necropolis of the first cc. AD

Western line of defense

     A large area to the west of the Basilica on the hill was included into the territory of the city at the end of the 5th century AD. It was secured by a newly constructed defensive line and was consequently heavily built up. In addition to residential and commercial buildings, this section included the so-called Western basilica, which for a long time architecturally dominated the area.

     The new western defensive line cut across the largest necropolis of the first centuries AD. The necropolis covered the entire eastern slope down to Sandy Bay. The fortified wall protected the entrance into the city from the road approaching Chersonesos from neighboring agricultural areas.

[Map] [Necropoleis] [Conservation of Monuments]

[History]  [Excavations]  [Museum]  [Park]  [City]  [Chora]  [Outlying areas]  [Service]
[Virtual map]  [Our gallery]  [Add photo]  [Rus]  [Ukr]
© Project "Megarica", 2016

All rights reserved
Rambler's Top100